The ABS Academy is organizing a complimentary seminar on the 5th of May 2015. The main topic of the seminar will be “Fire and Safety – Permanent Fire Extinguishing Systems”.
Objectives and benefits:
This is an informative session on fixed fire extinguishing systems intended to raise the awareness of individuals involved with fire and safety aspects, with particular emphasis on marine permanent fire extinguishing systems, such as CO2 systems, clean agents and water based.
The awareness of participants will be raised by addressing practical aspects related to fixed fire extinguishing systems familiar to those involved with maintenance and repairs of such systems during annual inspections, other than rules and regulations.
• The Fire and Safety Culture – IMO/SOLAS 1912 – 1974 and MSC circulars.
• Commercial fire suppression and maintenance, MSC.98(73) Circ. 1432 and 1318, SOLAS 1974 Chapter II-2.
• Installations, SOLAS and the FSS Code, 2002, Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
• Service suppliers and Classification Societies’ role. IMO Requirements.
• Means for compliance of service suppliers. Classification Rules and Regulations samples.
• Types and use of commercial suppression – MSC/Circ.848
• Design, Installation, Commissioning – MSC 256 ( 84 )
• Annual Inspections and Maintenance – MSC/Circ.1318
• Do’s and Don’ts
Presenter: Discovery Marine Ltd
ABS Academy Greece – Lecture Hall, 1 Sachtouri Str. & Poseidonos Ave., Kallithea 2nd Floor.
Tel. 2109441010, 2109441019.
Participants who wish to attend one of the sessions below, should register
with ABS Academy not later than April 20, 2015.
Session 1 May 05, 2015 10.00 – 13.00 hours
Session 2 May 05, 2015 14.00 – 17.00 hours
There is a limited number of seats available.
This complimentary seminar is offered to ABS client companies.