ClassNK is pleased to announce that the release of the latest amendments to the ClassNK Rules.
As a leading classification society, ClassNK constantly reevaluates its Rules and Guidance for the Survey and Construction of Steel Ships in order to incorporate the latest R & D results and feedback from damage investigations, as well as to address changes in international conventions and respond to requests from the maritime industry.
As part of these ongoing efforts, a number of new amendments, including the following, were incorporated into the ClassNK Rules on November 15, 2012.
- Requirements related to “Structural Bonding Methods for FRP Ships” in response to industry requests;
- Requirements results related to “Specially Constructed Cargo Ships for the Carriage of Nickel Ore” in order to reflect recent research and development results;
- Requirements related to “Lifeboat Release Mechanisms” in order to reflect recent damage investigation feedback obtained during surveys;
- Requirements related to “The Energy Efficiency of Ships” in order to reflect recent changes made to relevant international conventions; and
- Requirements related to “Steering Tests at Sea Trials” in order to reflect recent changes made to relevant IACS Unified Requirements.